Whenever anyone hears that I’m a Feng Shui practitioner, most ask if fountains are good luck.
It depends. Yes, moving water is good luck in the right place, which is difficult to determine unless you know something about the ex people occupying the space.
Water is one of the 5 elements in Feng Shui, and is associated mostly with the North and Northeast. Water is communication; water is getting things circulating.
You can’t, however, stick a fountain in your house and expect your career to take off, or to receive loads of cash.
If you have a lot of water element in and around your home already, adding water may cause a problem.
Tips on water and fountains:
• Put fountains in the Northern areas of your home for general benefit.
• Best not to put a fountain in your bedroom.
• Do not let water stagnate; non-replenished sitting water is never of benefit.
• Have a water element proportionate to the space you’re putting it in-bigger is not always better.
• Put fountains in areas where it’s quiet, just not the bedroom.
• A great place to find money IS in public fountains, but look, don’t touch!